Jacob P. Gubler

Jacob P. Gubler

Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 8, 2013

So this week was SUPER INSANELY packed.  On Monday we had a meeting with the Pres and the Assistants for all the ZLs in the mission which kind of took up the whole day.  Tuesday was PDAY so we just worked at night.  On Wednesday we had to leave our area at seven to go to the mission office because I had to sleep there because on Thursday I got my visa renewed so I don’t get deported and we didn’t get home until nine that night then on Friday we FINALLY had a full day of work.  Saturday was General Conference and English class and Sunday was General Conference too...so pretty sure this was the busiest week of my entire mission but it keeps things interesting right?  So a few highlights, next week we should had two baptisms of _____ and her sister and wow in the last 2 weeks they have truly become different people, especially _____.  She is like addicted to the church, goes to seminary already, comes to church in church clothes and took some MAJOR notes of general conference the past two days. I was talking to her about her answer that she received and she told me about this dream she had where she was on an island and on one side there was all the stuff of the world that she likes but knows is gonna have to give up and on the other side all the stuff that the church offers and people she knows that "truly care for her" and she was going towards the worldly stuff but too make a long personal story short, she came running to the good side and felt awesome and I just want to say that God truly takes time and is interested in EVERY SINGLE ONE of His children. He knows and loves each and every one of us. He takes to time to answer every single persons sincere prayers and that is something that I still can’t understand how he does but I am grateful does.  Well onto general conference! I had to watch in Portuguese, the translators speak without any emotion whatsoever, they laugh at the jokes in English but don’t translate them and there is a lot or small stuff that doesn’t get translated right so I didn’t get about a third of what I wanted to out of General Conference but I’m watching three talks right now and I LOVED Elder Holland’s talk,  he is SUCH a boss. "Belief is a precious word and an even more precious act" and well Elder Nielson’s talk didn’t translate too well but I’m just about to watch it and well I really like Craig Lardon’s talk on forgiveness and repentance was exactly what I needed to hear.  And well president Monson’s was way good too and so was Cook's and Ellis' and Ballard and Utchdorf’s multiple talks, it was crazy how Elder Oaks talked about Chris Williams and Elder Scott's talk was translated by him but he was super hard to understand and well I could go ON AND ON about conference but I loved it all and I love this church and I love all of you too! Thanks for all the prayers, support and all that everyone does for me, it means the world to me. Examine the scriptures, plan your life, teach the truth and serve the Lord and then write me some letters too ;)

beijos e um abração...

Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment