Jacob P. Gubler

Jacob P. Gubler

Monday, February 25, 2013

February 17, 2013

This week was pretty great!  It’s funny how one great appointment or day can make up for weeks of getting denied. So first off I just want to say that this Church changes lives and it never ceases to amaze me. I seems like I didn’t really understand anything about Church and why we do the things we do before the mission but let me assure you all that EVERYTHING that we do or that happens in this Church has a purpose because who is in charge of this Church has one amazing plan. These past couple of weeks we have been reactivating a kid that hasn’t been to church in over five years and well now he wants to serve a mission and is already starting to prepare himself so that he will be able to go out in a year. If you let it, this church will CHANGE you. If you think life is good and you are happy, life gets better and you are happier. I will not say that life will be easy because that is 100% a lie but when you start to understand the real purpose of life and when you look to match your desires with those of God, it just gets better. We also are working with a family that the Dad is a recent convert less active that has some problems with the word of wisdom and we had an amazing family night at their house about why life is hard and the atonement. We have been teaching the Mom of some other recent-ish converts who never wanted anything with the Church but now, once she stops drinking coffee she’s gonna be baptized. This church changes lives and I don’t want it to seem like this is me bragging about stuff that "I" did because one thing I’ve realized is that I am nothing…nothing. It’s Heavenly Father that makes me someone and I am just a tool in His hands. I don’t teach anything, that’s all the Spirit. But I also had a really interesting pretty sad experience this week,  a member that were really tight with, her Mom had a heart attack and was in the hospital so she wanted us to go give her a blessing but turns out we wouldn’t be able to see her until after 9 which is when we need to be home to we gave her a blessing and well I was planning on saying something along the lines on how her Mom was gonna get better but right before I was gonna say that I just went quiet and like couldn’t do so the blessing ended up being a blessing so that she would be able to understand and see the purpose of whatever may happen and well after her Mom had the surgery she entered in a coma.  I’m not sure what’s going to happen but I know that whatever happens has a purpose as hard as it may be. It’s a lot harder to see that when it is happening to you but I know that God loves us no matter how hard life may get. Also He answers prayers, it doesn’t matter how small the thing may be, prayers are answered. I love all of you but I want you all to remember that all that we face has a purpose. Faith brings trails, which creates more faith. Always read your scriptures and pray DAILY and remember about the small things, they make a big difference. i.e. a letter ;)

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU ALL DO FOR ME EVERYDAY. BELIEVE IT OF NOT I FEEL YOUR PRAYERS. I LOVE THIS CHURCH, THIS MISSION AND YOU ALL.

ELDER GUBLER


No comments:

Post a Comment