Jacob P. Gubler

Jacob P. Gubler

Sunday, December 23, 2012


December 5, 2012

The big highlight of the week is our gospel investigator I’m pretty sure I talk about how she had this crazy dream when she was 11 and saw inside the temple and learned about angel Moroni and all this crazy stuff but then her catholic preacher at the time said that it didn’t exist but she always calls us "angels of Moroni".  Well this week was even better with her! On Tuesday it was POURING rain when we left in the morning and my companions umbrella broke because of the wind and then we saw her walking in the pouring rain without an umbrella so we go and talk to her and I give her my umbrella and say not to worry about it because "God would bless us with some sun" and well she doubted it at first because the news said it was gonna rain all day but well after a little prayer, what do you know it was nice and sunny before we even got to our first appointment and well we found this out after but she said that she prayed and did a little "test" to see if we are really representatives of Christ so she said that IF we are, God would stop the rain and well BAM the rain stopped! So let’s just say she ate that right up and called us prophets and all this good stuff and then on Friday we had our weekly appointment with her where we just talked all about the crazy answers she has gotten and how she needs to follow her answers getting baptized but she still thinks her baptism was good so we talked a lot about that too and it was just a super good lesson! She even said I have fire in my eyes at one part, I’m assuming in a good way! But it was so good that I ended up marking her baptismal interview the next day so the ZLs came and interviewed her while we taught her son and his little friends! It has been 3 weeks since we’ve been trying to meet her son but no success until now! Her preacher of her gospel church said that since her son listens to music "he’s gonna go to hell" so needless to say her son wasn’t the biggest fan of preachers after that so we had to really break him down to get him to let us talk to him but it worked and we taught a sweet lesson and broke the ice pretty nicely too.  But onto the real highlight of the week, Sunday! As you all know it was fast and testimony meeting and well who went up to bear their testimony, our investigator…oh Gloria.  It was pretty great I’m not gonna lie! Even though it was super "gospely" and she stayed up there for 15 minutes, she really has a great testimony about the church! She talked all about the angel Moroni dream, my sun "prophesy", and the spirit she feels in the church! :) something pretty funny though she always calls me "elde" and my companion "ferrais" so she threw that out there a couple times and instead of saying "missionários" she said "missionieros" and well it really was a pretty sweet testimony meeting even if my heart may have been pounding the whole time.  Oh and she is already visiting people with us and introducing her friends and after her testimony, she said if her son comes to church she'll for sure get baptized so here in a couple weeks, get ready for a nice white Christmas.  We found some WAY good news this week too, for my training for district meeting, I talked about making covenants instead of goals and well we are already seeing the difference that is making because this last week was absolutely great! Instead of trying to do our and the Lords part, we decided to focus on just doing our part 100% but well I love you all!! I got the thanksgiving package today and loved it! From home and from tar bear but well the week that I got tons of emails was the week we don’t really have any time to respond so I’ll respond to Grandma and Grandpa next week but everyone keep your eyes open because I sent our Christmas card home this week so in a couple weeks that should be showing up!  One more time, I love you all, I love this mission and I love this church! Keep the letters/emails coming but always remember letter > email.

um abração e beijos,

ELDER GUBLER

No comments:

Post a Comment