Jacob P. Gubler

Jacob P. Gubler

Sunday, December 23, 2012


December 10, 2012

So as you all know we went to the temple this week on Tuesday and it was FANTASTIC!  It had been like six months since I have been because I was in the Baixada but man I love that place. Just feeling the difference once you step through the front door is amazing. On funny note, I totally lost my temple recommend so I showed up nice and early to get interviewed by the President before our session but he said he had already talked to the guy and he would really interview me after but when I got up the front desk guy apparently the president hadn’t talked to him so I had to wait for him to come out and pass me off.  But other than that it was AMAZING!!! I got to see missionaries from my good old CTM district which is always great!  After the temple and lunch, we just took to the bus home and p-day was already over plus our LAN houses didn’t have internet, hence me emailing on Wednesday! That was also the day that I got my packages which I LOVED and may already be flying through the candy.  This week was EXTREMELY hot!  I don’t even want to know how hot it is in the Baixada because if Sao Paulo is this hot the beach is nice and HUMID! Thank heavens I’m not still down there.  We found some sweet news this week but unfortunately and as usual, no one went to church; still the big issue here; it’s one thing for someone to accept a baptismal date but it’s a whole other thing to get them to actually show up to church!  But well, we’re doing our part so he HAS to do His!  Just hold strong and the elects will come running to us.  But let’s jump back to Friday, the day that marked a year in the field!  We did a division with another companionship because there is a kid that has the same time as me so we worked our butts off all day, found some new people to teach, knocked tons of doors. We cranked out TONS of contact and then when we got home it was party time!  We got ourselves an amazing good calabresa and broccoli pizza (sounds kind of weird but broccoli pizza here is good), ate some chocolate from my package, wrote on and then burned some shirts.  I didn’t have any shirts that ware wrecked enough to burn but my companion already has some pretty sketchy ones so I gave him one of mine and then burned one of his that had these sketchy stains on it,  gotta love the mish.  The Elder that I did splits with gave me a cute little "return with honor" ring to celebrate our year because he literally gets at least two HUGE packages from his family every month..... man his family must love him.  But let’s just say it was a great day but it really hit me HARD that the mission passes by WAY too fast I am loving my time here! I love you all and can’t wait to see everyone on skype for Christmas!  Keep the emails and letters coming and enjoy the pics.   

um abração e beijinhos!

ELDER GUBLER

No comments:

Post a Comment