Jacob P. Gubler

Jacob P. Gubler

Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012



We went to a real Brazilian grill today for Pday with our two instructors and the teacher Irmão Zambonie the one that I love! The food was amazing there, it was essentially a Rodizio grill or Tucanos but real Brazilian food :) I thought I would have at least gained a little weight by now thought because we eat a TON of food every meal and I may have gotten hooked to dipping bread in oil and vinegar, amazing I tell you! Probably not the healthiest thing to be eating 3 times a day but its keeping me going so that’s all that counts right now!

This week we got to talk to an American guy that served in Brazil 3 years ago but came back to work here for an internship. It was so nice to just be able to talk to an American and know that no matter how bad you are struggling the Lord will help you and it all works out in the end. You are exactly right that I really am struggling with the language hardcore and it’s hard to not compare yourself to others but I’m just trying to be diligent as repetitive and tough as things get I know that I can do this...

This Sunday was the first fast Sunday that I had here and it was amazing! for one of the first times ever fasting wasn’t a total burden haha fast and testimony meeting was amazing and my first leadership meeting I conducted as AP (I’m actually more like a Zone Leader because I’m just over my district and 2 others it’s just called that in the CTM) and it went really well! I bore my testimony during sacrament meeting and of course may have shed a few tears because the spirit is so strong! The spirit in this place is really just amazing :) I can’t wait to actually get out into the field and teach real investigators and just have the spirit triple even if I still don’t know the language. haha today during P Day an elder in our district gave out a book of Mormon and it was the coolest most inspiring thing I’ve seen in a while! He was conjugating things right and the spirit was there even if we were just in that Rodigio grill place. I’m not even close to that point of comfort to give out a book or Mormon because the language really is extremely hard. I don’t mean to be a total downer here and it really wasn’t a bad week at all! I love my district and definitely had some good teaching experiences so don’t think I’m going into to depression or anything like that! :) I know I can do this and the Lord really will make it all worth it and will help me when I need it.

Just FYI when it comes down to two weeks before I leave, don’t send letters here anymore because they apparently wont make it in time before you leave for the field so in two weeks start sending stuff to the mission home address! Tell Tara thanks for the watch and she better not have just bought a new one!! haha I love you all and I know that I can do this! I hope everything is going good at home, I cant wait to get the thought letter from you because those really are just amazing to get but I’m always thinking of everyone, always praying for you and fasted for you on Sunday.

Eu te amo, seu filho Elder Gubler.

No comments:

Post a Comment